Monday, August 22, 2011

emergency DIY bento accessories - Stencil and sandwich cutter - Circle and Grass

Due to popular requests, I have decided to do a quick post on a DIY bento accessory. This time round, its a sandwich cutter that can also be used as a stencil for powdered sprinkles and dutch chocolate rice (hagelslag).

DIY bento accessories - round sandwich cutter and stencil
Cut the plastic soda bottle as shown above and you will have a round sandwich cutter. To use it as a stencil, simply push the sandwich cutter into the rice, leaving about 2cm of the plastic sticking out. Pour in the sprinkles.

---------------------------------

Sandwich Cutter / Stencil for Grass or Mountains:

Follow the same steps as the round shaped sandwich cutter and cut across the plastic as shown above. Now you have a open strip of plastic.


Next I fold it like an accordian. The folds do not have to be all straight and equal. This DIY bento accessory can now be used to cut slices of cheese, ham, bread, leafy vegetables, etc to make grass or mountains. Try it out and let me know how it goes! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. It will be appearing shortly.

About Bento Cat

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I'm Shanna and I enjoy bento making a lot. I'm also a wife, daughter,sister,a full-time student, previous fashion and product designer, nerd and super foodie all rolled into one. With Adventures of Bento Cat, I hope to document the daily happenings of my life through Bentos filled with Tender Loving Care and more! I can be contacted at bentokato@gmail.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Blog by Shanna at Bentocat.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.