Monday, August 15, 2011

Bento Tricolour Furikake and Mango Pickle

After all the weekend food binge, I have decided to make a light and easy bento. Here is my version of a tricolour bento using only 2 condiments, namely the Mango Pickle and Furikake Tarako, which is sometimes called Fish Cod Furikake outside Japan. The whole process of packing this lunchbox only took me only about 5-10 minutes. So this is definitely ideal if you are in a rush in the morning and/or you are out of bento ideas. Haha, that said, its definitely perfect for the hectic Monday mornings when you overslept just because you don't feel like going back to the office or school :D

Tricolour Bento with Mango Pickle and Furikake Tarako (Cod Roe Furikake)

In case you are wondering how I made the Mango Pickle, here's how:

Ingredients:
1 Mango (slightly ripe)
2-3 teaspoon Sugar
A dash of Thai Fish sauce (or light soya sauce)
A sprinkle of Shichimi Togarashi (which translates as 7-flavour chilli powder)

*If Shichimi Togarashi is unavailable, Chilli Powder or freshly cut chilli slices can be used as substitute as well.

How to:
- Remove skin from the mango. Julienne the mango into thin strips. Put in mixing bowl.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix evenly.
- Taste and add more sugar, fish sauce or chilli according to personal preference.

Store in an airtight container and it will last a couple of days if left in the fridge.

Follow me on Twitter! @bentokato

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. It will be appearing shortly.

About Bento Cat

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I'm Shanna and I enjoy bento making a lot. I'm also a wife, daughter,sister,a full-time student, previous fashion and product designer, nerd and super foodie all rolled into one. With Adventures of Bento Cat, I hope to document the daily happenings of my life through Bentos filled with Tender Loving Care and more! I can be contacted at bentokato@gmail.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Blog by Shanna at Bentocat.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.