Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bento Slavink, Potato Croquette and Green Apple

Today's bento is Slavink, Potato Croquette and a Green Apple.
Let me talk a little about Slavink today. It's a traditional Dutch meat dish that I happen to like. It's made with mince meat, which is then wrapped around with bacon (which is not pre-smoked) and then baked or pan fried. Usually it can be found at the local butchers and big supermarket in the Netherlands. Mr Bear says it's an Albert Heijn thing because he didn't see Slavink being sold anywhere else other than Albert Heijn when he was a kid. Hmm but I really think its a local butcher thing because so many Dutch Deli meats can be found there and I swear I saw a couple of them sitting next to the sausages in the neighbourhood butcher!

Store bought Slavink is pretty easy to cook, just throw it onto the pan or in the oven, and wait for it to cook. Usually it is combined with potatoes and vegatables for a balanced meal. Since there is a random green apple sitting in the fridge, I decided to use it in this bento box as well.
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Diana! More bento's coming up, so follow me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, do you have a recipe for the meat?
    Would love to try to make it. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Big Momma! Thanks for dropping by! Ok, let me go pull up a slavink recipe in the meantime :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. It will be appearing shortly.

About Bento Cat

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I'm Shanna and I enjoy bento making a lot. I'm also a wife, daughter,sister,a full-time student, previous fashion and product designer, nerd and super foodie all rolled into one. With Adventures of Bento Cat, I hope to document the daily happenings of my life through Bentos filled with Tender Loving Care and more! I can be contacted at bentokato@gmail.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Blog by Shanna at Bentocat.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.