Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bento Easy Roll-up Sandwich

After a few days of making rice-based bentos, I have decided to make a sandwich bento for a change. This is an roll-up sandwich bento is an easy one and is great for busy mornings.


For this bento, I used the usual square white bread easily available in the supermarket. Because the bread I have is slightly dry, I placed it in the microwave for about 10 seconds so that it gets softer and is easier to roll. Next I remove the crust and put in whatever filling I have on hand. It happened to be cheese and salami today, but jam and butter works well too :D Next I roll it up and secure it with a food pick.

I place the sandwich rolls in the bento box and stuff in some left over salad. (This salad was sold already cut in the supermarket near my place, so I didn't have to do anything) Add in the star and its done. I hope you like this easy roll-up sandwich bento!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, Shanna, that is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yusra! You always make my day babe! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I love your site it's so helpful to me. I'm still young but I want to be a Japanese Interpreter when I'm older and I'm learning how to cook meals for myself now for when I enter college and such and when I move to Japan. So I was wondering, Is there any rules for making bentos? Will people look at me strange if I put certain foods in my bento? Are teenagers and adults aloud to use cute shapes and faces too because they are super cute! I would greatly appreciate your response :D

    -Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaida! Thank you very much for your sweet comment. I'm glad you have already figured out what you would like to be in the future! Well, there are a couple of tips I always keep at the back of my mind everytime I make bentos. You can find them on this page http://bentocat.blogspot.com/2011/10/bento-making-golden-rules.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is the clickable link Of course everyone is allowed to use cute shapes and faces. I make cute bentos for my husband Mr Bear to bring to the office too and he is a big grown man. Mr Bear's coworkers doesn't laugh at him at all, in fact they all wish that someone can make them a bento to bring to work too!

    If people look at you strangely just because they think your food is "strange", then it says a lot about their own lack of exposure to other food cultures. So its their problem, not yours ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. It will be appearing shortly.

About Bento Cat

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I'm Shanna and I enjoy bento making a lot. I'm also a wife, daughter,sister,a full-time student, previous fashion and product designer, nerd and super foodie all rolled into one. With Adventures of Bento Cat, I hope to document the daily happenings of my life through Bentos filled with Tender Loving Care and more! I can be contacted at bentokato@gmail.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Blog by Shanna at Bentocat.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.