Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How to cut bananas to fit bento boxes

Different bento boxes have different height and sizes. Here's how I cut bananas to fit the height of my bento box. (You can also use the same method with a raw cucumber to give the bento box a nice green colour)





Step 1: Insert 2 long toothpicks/ satay sticks into the centre of the banana. The toothpicks serve as guides on where to cut later on. With practice, you can omit this step.


Step 2: Cut gently along the blue line till you feel that the knife blade has touched the toothpicks, right at the halfway point of the banana. Take care not to cut yourself.


Step 3: Flip the banana horizontally across (like the way you would flip a page from a book) and repeat the process.

Step 4: Hold the banana upright and you will see the following picture. Make the vertical cut right through the banana. Be very careful not to cut your fingers.


Step 5: Pull the banana apart and cut them according to the desired height. TADAAAAH!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. It will be appearing shortly.

About Bento Cat

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I'm Shanna and I enjoy bento making a lot. I'm also a wife, daughter,sister,a full-time student, previous fashion and product designer, nerd and super foodie all rolled into one. With Adventures of Bento Cat, I hope to document the daily happenings of my life through Bentos filled with Tender Loving Care and more! I can be contacted at bentokato@gmail.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Blog by Shanna at Bentocat.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.