Sunday, February 6, 2011

Recipe: Easy Peasy sour cucumber salad

This afternoon I made myself an easy peasy cucumber salad because I realised that I probably gorged myself with too much food during dinner yesterday. Unfortunately I totally forgot to take any photos, so I guess you might have to wait till I make my next batch. Here's how I make them.

Ingredients:
cucumbers
1/4 cup white vinegar (make sure its meant for food, not your kitchen table!)
1 tbs soya sauce
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs salt
-------
Optional items (choose 1 out of these ingredients below)
- black sesame seed OR
- white sesame seed OR
- sliced spicy red chilli

Directions:
Slice the cucumbers into stripes. Pat them lightly to remove excess moisture. Put cucumbers in a jar, add in the rest of the ingredients. If you like, you can also add in one of the optional ingredients. Close the lid and give the jar a good shake. Ready to serve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. It will be appearing shortly.

About Bento Cat

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I'm Shanna and I enjoy bento making a lot. I'm also a wife, daughter,sister,a full-time student, previous fashion and product designer, nerd and super foodie all rolled into one. With Adventures of Bento Cat, I hope to document the daily happenings of my life through Bentos filled with Tender Loving Care and more! I can be contacted at bentokato@gmail.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Blog by Shanna at Bentocat.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.